Hover over Romans 1:20-22 for proof of God's existence, and over Matthew 5:27-28 for Judgment Day’s perfect standard. Then hover over John 3:16-18 for what God did, and over Acts 17:30-31 for what to do.

Monday, October 26, 2009

What Would Make me a Believer?

"Ray: This has been asked before, by myself and others, but once more for the record: What evidence would convince you to seriously reconsider your views on evolution?"

You are right about me being asked this before, so I will try and make this as clear as I can, so you and others will know where I stand and not have to waste your time asking again.

I think that the theory of evolution is the most unscientific, faith-based, fundamentally brainless idea that ever had the misfortune to come out of a human mind. To compare it to true science is a joke. There is nothing even slightly scientific about it.

When I read On The Origin of Species (every laborious page after page), it was like reading the ravings of a man who truly believed that the sun was square, that it came out at night, and that it was made of ice.

The closest thing to truth that Charles Darwin ever said, was when he admitted to someone that a cold shudder came over him, because he thought that he may have devoted his life to a fantasy. He certainly did. But that in itself isn’t amazing. What is amazing is that so many believe the unbelievable fantasy. For me to believe every impossible miracle and weird thing that happened in the Bible is completely effortless, compared to believing the wild speculations that the average evolution believer swallows without question. And what's the magic word that makes the fantasy come true? Time. Lots of it. I can hardly believe that anyone could believe what Darwinian evolutionists believe, and what’s more--no one could begin to convince me to believe what they believe; not in a million years.

Look at the intellectual embarrassment of where it leads. Richard Dawkins says we are related to bananas: "It is the plain truth that we are cousins of chimpanzees, somewhat more distant cousins of monkeys, more distant cousins still of aardvarks and manatees, yet more distant cousins of bananas and turnips." Let’s get this straight. Dawkins mocks me for believing that the banana was designed, and yet he believes it is one of his cousins!

The theory of evolution is the greatest joke on earth, and the professor is laughing all the way to the bank with his pockets packed with the money of naive believers, who swallow his banana (and turnip) crazy-talk.

Besides all this, I know God personally, experientially, and intimately--the One atheists don't believe exists. He is the One who said, "Let there be light," created every animal as male and female, caused them to bring forth after their own kind, and made man in His own image, not as some primordial bacteria. So, for me, the mystery of human origins is solved. Completely.

In case I haven’t made my point clear, let me try and summarize. You would have more chance of convincing me that the sun doesn’t shine, that water isn’t wet, and that God didn’t make little green apples, than you have of convincing me that the theory of evolution is true.

If the word "bigot" comes to mind to describe me, so be it. I have no choice in the matter. It’s either common sense or foolishness. I choose common sense, and if I'm wrong, I lose nothing at all. If you are wrong, you lose everything.