Hover over Romans 1:20-22 for proof of God's existence, and over Matthew 5:27-28 for Judgment Day’s perfect standard. Then hover over John 3:16-18 for what God did, and over Acts 17:30-31 for what to do.

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Ark-eological Discovery

The headline said "Group claims to have discovered Noah's Ark on Mount Ararat, Turkey." Then we are told that "Chinese and evangelical explorers believe they may have found Noah's Ark - 4000m up a mountain in Turkey…The team said it had recovered wooden specimens from a structure on Mount Ararat in eastern Turkey that carbon dating proved was 4800 years old, around the same time the ark is said to have been afloat."

Sure. It sounds too much like the language of evolutionists for me to believe that it’s the Ark. The explorers "believe" they "may" have found it. Then they are trusting in good old carbon dating. Photoshop has changed everything. There have been too many hoaxes in the past for me to be a believer.

If it is the Ark, may it wake up the biblical sceptics. I’m sceptical by nature, but I’m not a biblical cynic. But any cynicism was dealt with, the moment I came to know the Lord.

And if this is just another hoax, it’s no big deal. My salvation isn’t dependent on (or in need of) scientific confirmation of incidents in the Bible, but on my relationship with God. His reality confirms His Word.

I guess it’s just a matter of time. Local Turkish officials are seeking to give this "World Heritage status" so the site can be protected while a major archaeological dig is conducted. When they get unbiased secular archeologists digging, I will sit up and take more notice. Maybe Professor Dawkins could help with the dig...