Hover over Romans 1:20-22 for proof of God's existence, and over Matthew 5:27-28 for Judgment Day’s perfect standard. Then hover over John 3:16-18 for what God did, and over Acts 17:30-31 for what to do.

Monday, October 29, 2007

Open Air Preaching

Despite it being biblical, we sometimes get emails from people saying that open air preaching is a waste of time. Admittedly, there is a lot of “sowing in tears” but preaching the gospel to unsaved people is never a waste of time. I was greatly encouraged recently when I asked a man in the crowd if he thought he was a good person. He called back, “You asked me that a couple of months ago.” I answered, “Did I ask you if you had lied or stolen?” He said that I had. “Did I say that Jesus said that if you look at a woman and lust after her, you commit adultery with her in your heart?” He said, “You did. And I would have gone to Hell, but two weeks ago I gave my life to Christ!” I didn’t expect that answer. The crowd applauded . . . and so did I.