Hover over Romans 1:20-22 for proof of God's existence, and over Matthew 5:27-28 for Judgment Day’s perfect standard. Then hover over John 3:16-18 for what God did, and over Acts 17:30-31 for what to do.

Monday, October 29, 2007

A Strange Experience


I was reminded recently about a strange experience I had when I was preaching at a church. For some unknown reason during the sermon, an entire congregation called out the word “iniquity!” I thought I had suddenly committed some horrible sin, and was quite taken back by it. It was only later that I realized what had happened. I had said, “Jesus said, ‘Depart from me, you that work ‘iniquity.’ That word ‘iniquity’ means ‘lawlessness.’ The book of Timothy says, ‘Let everyone that names the name of Christ depart from ‘iniquity.’ Same word.” The congregation misunderstood my “Same word.” They thought that I had said “Say the word.” So they did. Out loud.