Hover over Romans 1:20-22 for proof of God's existence, and over Matthew 5:27-28 for Judgment Day’s perfect standard. Then hover over John 3:16-18 for what God did, and over Acts 17:30-31 for what to do.

Monday, January 14, 2008

Beaten by an Ex-cop

I was badly beaten recently by a retired police officer from the LA County Sheriff’s Department. I fought back with everything I had, but it was no use. The man was overpowering. I never thought that it would happen to me. He had the muscle to beat people, and that's what he was doing to me. It was like a nightmare. He wanted to take me down, and so he relentlessly pulverized me, hitting again and again. He struck with his right hand, then before I could recover, his backhand came at me. My heart pounded and sweat poured from my brow. The beating was so painfully bruising it will be some time before I recover. How I hate losing at ping pong, but Tony’s more than 20 years as a police officer had instilled in him a disciplined mind and quick reflexes. Most men have a similar competitive nature. We don’t like to lose. That hard-headedness isn't so common in women, but I did speak to one young lady who said that she feared being a loser more than she feared dying. Maybe you are the same. You would hate to be called a “loser.” If that's true, read these words very slowly: “What shall it profit a man if he shall gain the whole world and lose his own soul?” You can't get to be a bigger loser than that. We are talking about your life, and we are talking about eternity. So stop resisting. There’s no way you are going to win your battle against God, so give up the fight, and come over to the winning side.