Hover over Romans 1:20-22 for proof of God's existence, and over Matthew 5:27-28 for Judgment Day’s perfect standard. Then hover over John 3:16-18 for what God did, and over Acts 17:30-31 for what to do.

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Building Huts

When I was a kid, I loved building huts. My friends and I would build them on the beach, in backyards, and in trees. It was so much fun. But, even as a child I noticed that there was a problem. We would finish the hut, sit inside it and say, “What will we do now?” There was nothing to do after the hut was finished.

As I matured as a human being I found that adults had the same problem. They would build a house, have kids, the kids grow up and leave, the parents find themselves saying, “What will we do now?” It’s a simplistic and pessimistic view of life, but it's true. Life, because of its transient nature, is futile. It is chasing the wind.

However, when a person is born again, a door opens. It’s the door to the eternal. It banishes the curse of futility. I cannot express the joy that I have in knowing that when I serve God, I am tapping into the eternal: “While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal” (2 Corinthians 4:18).