Hover over Romans 1:20-22 for proof of God's existence, and over Matthew 5:27-28 for Judgment Day’s perfect standard. Then hover over John 3:16-18 for what God did, and over Acts 17:30-31 for what to do.

Monday, January 14, 2008

<< Hi Ray, I grew up Christian, but have recently been struggling with the existence of an omnipresent, unconditional God. I don't feel it's as easy as a fish in the ocean. I can see my environment quite clearly, but God makes it difficult. I understand. He wants us to choose to love Him. For me, it's not a question of evolution or creation. I just have an abject fear that God doesn't exist. In your opinion, does this make me a "false convert"? Do you struggle with doubt? Do you have any suggestions for someone like me?.>>

Cubprogeny, you need not fear. Just say this to yourself: "Every building has a builder. You can't have a building without a builder (try and think of one). Buildings don't happen by themselves. It's impossible ("For every house is built by some man . . ." Hebrews 3:4). The same principle applies to paintings and painters. The painting is absolute proof that there is a painter (try and think of a painting that didn’t have a painter). Paintings don't happen by themselves. It's impossible. Here's my point. Creation is absolute proof that there is a Creator. You cannot have a creation without a Creator. It is impossible ("Then who then made God?" has a logical answer). End of argument; unless, according to the Bible, you are a fool (read Psalm 14:1 and Romans 1:20). Watch now people on this blog disagree with such basic logic. Then, you try and objectively analyze why they would do such a thing. If you do that, what they say will strengthen your faith in God. To address your other question--do I struggle with doubt? Never. I would never for a moment doubt the existence of God, because of the evidence of creation. I would never doubt the reality of God, because, in a moment of time, He transformed my life. And I would never doubt the character of God because I trust His integrity implicitly. The Bible says that if you doubt God, you call Him a liar (see 1 John 5:10). If I doubt you when you tell me something, it’s an insult to your integrity. It means I think that you are a liar. So, never doubt God. Trust Him with all your heart (see Proverbs 3:5).