Hover over Romans 1:20-22 for proof of God's existence, and over Matthew 5:27-28 for Judgment Day’s perfect standard. Then hover over John 3:16-18 for what God did, and over Acts 17:30-31 for what to do.

Sunday, January 20, 2008

I Don’t Believe in Zeus or Mother Nature

As I daily gather my chicken's eggs, I usually mumble “Thank you ladies.” But I’m not really thanking the dumb birds. I am thanking God. I go to the source. I also thank Him for the miracle of milk. Cows just eat the grass, and it miraculously turns into milk (if you don't think its miraculous, try turning green grass into white milk without one of God’s animals). Then try turning the white milk you have made out of green grass into yellow butter, ice cream, yoghurt, and cheese. The next time you lick an ice cream, think about how good God is to give us those things.

I also thank Him for little green, and big red apples. I don’t thank the dirt that nurtured them. There’s no such person as Mother Earth or Mother Nature. They exist only in the imaginations of the Godless. Nature has no idea what it’s doing when it produces trees that give us oranges, apricots, lemons, bananas, pears, and nuts; or plants that give us tomatoes, grapes and a million different flowers. How wonderful it is of God, to give us those things. Knowing Him enriches creation. It becomes an expression of His great love and His infinite genius. How shallow and empty is the mind and existence of those who don’t see God in everything. Albert Einstein was right when he said, “There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.”