Hover over Romans 1:20-22 for proof of God's existence, and over Matthew 5:27-28 for Judgment Day’s perfect standard. Then hover over John 3:16-18 for what God did, and over Acts 17:30-31 for what to do.

Sunday, January 13, 2008

Interesting Thread


John Botha said... Well, as an ex-christian I can say that I was never afraid of most atheists -- only the informed ones! Those are the one's who can show that the Christian belief system is full of holes.

Ray Comfort said...Correction: False convert.

John Botha said…Oh Ray, correction: true convert. Why does your worldview and biblical knowledge not allow you to see that many can be Christians and "fall away," it's clearly taught you know. I understand the concept of false convert but I passed the "test's of a true convert" that YOU WROTE for many years, so maybe you need to re-write those?

Ray Comfort said... Not true. This is what I teach: “But Jesus said to him, 'No one, having put his hand to the plow, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God'” (Luke 9:62). If someone even looks back, he’s not fit for the Kingdom. You didn’t just look back; you went back, proving the spurious nature of your profession. Judas faked it for 3 ½ years, and it seems you lasted longer. Time usually reveals the hypocrite (the pretender). Please try again, and this time do it properly.

John Botha said... Hey Ray, I know what you teach, I have all your dvd's/cd's, tracts, etc, I even bought the t-shirt! (one with the spider). I don't want to "try again," you really shouldn't trivialize my experience so much, you should be more patient and understanding as it's altogether possible that you could be wrong and the verses you quote contradict other's that say people can fall away - and be restored. Ray said: "You didn’t just look back; you went back, proving the spurious nature of your profession." Look, no point arguing the matter, god knows i spent enough time doing it when i was churching it. I'm happy to concede that according to not only your view but my own I was a "false convert". I must have been, not only because you say so, but also due to the fact that it's not actually possible to be a born again Christian because the new birth, Christ, the Holy Spirit do not actually exist. So I was a false convert believing in a false Christ and false God. All of my experiences were in my little head. All the "fruit's" of my life, ministry and finally the large church I pastored was all a sham. After all, there really wasn’t a big change in my life, I just swapped my heathen sins for Christian ones, one's like pride, arrogance, gluttony, bigotry and narrow-mindedness. Peace out.

Ray Comfort said...Exactly. The whole thing was a fake, from start to finish. Your words confirm the spurious nature of your experience. I don't know how you lasted so long and got so far, but America in particular is full of these empty-experience "conversions" that are the tragic fruit of the modern gospel. I'm sorry you went through all this. If I was in your shoes, I'm sure I would be bitter.