Hover over Romans 1:20-22 for proof of God's existence, and over Matthew 5:27-28 for Judgment Day’s perfect standard. Then hover over John 3:16-18 for what God did, and over Acts 17:30-31 for what to do.

Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Questions and Objections

<< Here's a question for you -- if a 'missing link' was discovered, or something showing that men and apes had a common ancestor, would you stop believing in God?>>

To answer this question I’m going to have to use an “ATMAM.” An “ATMAM” is an acronym for an “Analogy That Makes Atheists Mad.” Here goes: The question is similar to asking me, “If you discovered that your mother-in-law was a draught horse, would you stop believing that your wife existed?” The analogy is applicable because I know that it's impossible for Sue’s mother to be another species (it’s against nature), and I could never deny the existence of my wife because I know her. Atheists think that a “Christian” is someone who “believes” that God exists. That’s not true. A Christian (in the biblical sense) is someone who “knows” God experientially. This fact is almost impossible to get through to an atheist, but I will repeat it from another angle. I believed in God’s existence before I was a Christian. I wasn’t dim-witted enough to look at creation and say that there is no Creator. Of course I believed in God like every other sane and reasoning human being. But on the 25th of April, 1972 at 1:30 in the morning, I came to know the Lord. I moved out of the realm of belief, into the realm of experience. I know Him “whom to know is life eternal.” When a sinner comes to know God it’s called “conversion,” or “the new birth” (see John 3:3).