Hover over Romans 1:20-22 for proof of God's existence, and over Matthew 5:27-28 for Judgment Day’s perfect standard. Then hover over John 3:16-18 for what God did, and over Acts 17:30-31 for what to do.

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Evolution Debate

"Hey Christians--clostridium just challenged Ray to debate him about evolution. Help me talk Ray into doing it! So--Waddaya say, Ray? You've been making some pretty bold remarks about evo. Think you can back them up? Looks like you been called, boy. Ray has absolutely been called (not relatively if anyone is confused). What he will undoubtedly do is frantically add 6 or 7 new posts and bury this one so he doesn't have to deal with it. What a coward; so sure in his convictions until challenged by someone who knows something about the subject."

Clostridium… I don’t do debates on the subject of evolution. Neither do I do debates on the tooth fairy, Santa Claus, Zeus, the flying spaghetti monster, or Hercules. If you believe evolution is a reality, then the onus is on you to prove it. You have the burden of proof. In my new book, Evolution A Fairy Tale for Grownups (due to be published in about a month), I have quoted Richard Dawkins in the Introduction. He wisely said, “And, next time somebody tells you that something is true, why not say to them: ‘What kind of evidence is there for that?’ And if they can’t give you a good answer, I hope you’ll think very carefully before you believe a word they say.”

That’s all I have asked in this book. I have never claimed to be an authority on the subject of evolution, but I have quoted authorities. Lots of them. The publication is filled with quotes from the mouths of evolution experts who admit that they have nothing. They have no empirical evidence for the theory.

No doubt you will accuse me of “quote mining” (for those who don’t know what that is, it’s the practice of taking a quote--often out of its context, and using it in a way that was never intended by the author). However, every gold nugget is legitimately mined out of its context. No one seriously values the earth that encases the gold. So, when I uncover an evolutionary expert quietly admitting that he has no evidence to back up his theory, I don’t see any value in the soil of his surrounding words. I merely extract what I believe is of value for those who want to discover the truth about the theory of evolution.

I have spent months researching for this book, and I have found evolution to be mind-numbingly boring . . . an intellectual embarrassment. It is a scientifically bankrupt theory, and it’s the bed-fellow of atheism.

Thank you though for your kind offer to debate me.