Hover over Romans 1:20-22 for proof of God's existence, and over Matthew 5:27-28 for Judgment Day’s perfect standard. Then hover over John 3:16-18 for what God did, and over Acts 17:30-31 for what to do.

Thursday, February 7, 2008

Warm Winds

I shuddered when I read that John Wesley said to embrace every adversity. I shudder because I know how hard it can be for those of us who lack a solid faith in God. If we truly trust Him, we will “know” (as the Apostle knew) that all things work together for good, to those that love God and are called according to His purpose (see Romans 8:28).

I was ministering in Hawaii back in the mid 1980’s, when I met up with a well-known preacher that I greatly respected. He was familiar with what I was teaching, and during a time of fellowship he gently told me that he didn’t think that the Law of God should be used as a schoolmaster to bring sinners to Christ. I was shaken by his words. I knew that if we failed to evangelize biblically, we would fill the Church with false converts, but I couldn’t seem to convince him of that fact. So, I determined to write a book about what happens when the Law isn’t used to bring the knowledge of sin. Over time, the publication became a best-seller, then an award-winning television program, and now it has become a popular radio program. And it was all sparked by that one man’s negative words.

So, even though someone's windy words may shake your tree, never let them uproot you, even if they come from a loving Christian brother. Let them instead send the roots of resolve down deep into the Word of God. Then make it your aim to do the will of God, and He will bless you and open doors for you to do His will, in His perfect timing.