Hover over Romans 1:20-22 for proof of God's existence, and over Matthew 5:27-28 for Judgment Day’s perfect standard. Then hover over John 3:16-18 for what God did, and over Acts 17:30-31 for what to do.

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Not For Cat Lovers

I don’t hate cats, although I have to admit that I get mad at them when they fight outside our bedroom window at 3:00 AM. It’s not the nicest of sounds. I do have a likeable friend who really dislikes cats. If you asked him if he liked cats, he would probably say that he does, but that he can’t eat a whole one. I once met a dentist who said that he’s never run across a cat he didn’t like.

I once ran over a cat. I was 18 years old, and I was driving home at around 10:00 PM one dark night. Suddenly, there was a black flash in front on my car, and I heard a distinctive and unforgettable “thoomp, thoomp.” I thought “Horrors! I have just run over a cat!”

I immediately stopped the car and backed up to see if it was okay, and heard “thoomp, thoomp.” I thought, “Horrors! I have just backed over the cat I just ran over.” I then panicked, put my foot on the accelerator and drove off real fast. As I did so, I heard a now familiar “thoomp, thoomp.”