Hover over Romans 1:20-22 for proof of God's existence, and over Matthew 5:27-28 for Judgment Day’s perfect standard. Then hover over John 3:16-18 for what God did, and over Acts 17:30-31 for what to do.

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Einsteinian Evolution

"Ray, two questions: 1. How do you think Einstein would like what you have done with your banner? 2. Why would you care what Einstein would like? You have very little in common with him." Chris

I think Albert Einstein would be delighted that I let people know that he hated being quoted by atheists. I also think that he would be pleased that I quoted him in context.

I care what Einstein liked (and believed) because his name epitomizes intelligence. It is synonymous with the word "genius." Atheists say that intelligent design isn’t intelligent, and that anyone who believes that God exists, hates science. So, although Albert Einstein’s view of God is different than mine (he didn't believe in a personal God), it is pleasing to me that he humbly acknowledged the One who gave him life. He was no fool.

Now to your last comment--that I have little in common with Einstein. That’s just not true. We are both Jewish. We both emigrated to the United States. We both believe that we were intelligently designed by God. We are both regularly misquoted by atheists. We both have moustaches. We both kept our hair, and mine has been known to look like his after a restless night's sleep.

Many times I have been told that I look like Albert Einstein. A few years ago when I was in Phoenix airport boarding a flight to Los Angeles, I gave million dollar bill tracts to four Moslem women and a little girl who was traveling with them. They were grateful, and told me that I looked like Einstein.

As they passed me on the plane, I heard them say, "There’s Einstein." I have to say, it puffed me up a little, to think that they perceived an intellectual likeness [Special note to atheists: that was like a joke].

When we landed in Los Angeles, the little girl walked passed my seat and said in a friendly (and loud) voice "Goodbye Frankenstein."

A friend even wrote a song about me, in which there was the line: "When you see a man riding a boy’s bike; when you see an Einstein look-alike . . . "

There’s only one thing in which I believe I trump the man. In 1982 I found something in the Scriptures that is infinitely more important and has far greater repercussions than the Theory of Relativity (see LivingWaters.com/learn/ ).

So I think I have more in common with the great genius than most. One other thing. Intellectually, I’m not worthy to wash his socks. But I guess you already figured that.

PS: "I'm not an atheist and I don't think I can call myself a pantheist. We are in the position of a little child entering a huge library filled with books in many different languages. The child knows someone must have written those books. It does not know how. The child dimly suspects a mysterious order in the arrangement of the books but doesn't know what it is. That, it seems to me, is the attitude of even the most intelligent human being toward God." Albert Einstein, Brian, op. cit. p. 186.