Hover over Romans 1:20-22 for proof of God's existence, and over Matthew 5:27-28 for Judgment Day’s perfect standard. Then hover over John 3:16-18 for what God did, and over Acts 17:30-31 for what to do.

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Relentless Attacks

"Wow, I was reading your post and was very moved. 'Has Mr. Comfort changed his ways?' I was asking myself. 'Will he actually go one blog posting focusing on compassion and charity, and forgo his relentless attack on persons that haven't adopted his worldview?' Then I read the last paragraph. Couldn't resist comparing us to a filth wallowing vagrant, could you? . . . Perhaps it would serve you well to stop disparaging the very group you are trying so desperately to communicate with." Brandon

Brandon, do you know what I am trying to communicate with you? It’s that you have a deadly, terminal, terrible disease called "sin," and that will be the death of you. I know that you don’t believe that. You truly think that you are healthy when you are not. Time will show you the truth of what I am saying, if you let it.

So you tell the good doctor not to mention the symptoms of the disease because they are not pleasant. You would rather he says "ear tickling" words to his patient.

Any doctor worth his salt will tell you the truth. He will even stick a sharp and painful needle into your wound, if he thinks that it will save you from a terrible death. What you see as disparagement, is in truth a love and concern for your eternal salvation. You may not see that today, but one day you may. That’s my hope.

My mission as a Christian is to tell you what you don’t want to hear--the truth that you have sinned against God; and that the Bible says "We are all as an unclean thing, and our righteousnesses (the best we can offer God) are as filthy rags." This is good news, because it means that there is nothing we can do to save ourselves from death, but turn to Him who will save us, because of the cross.

Brandon, I don’t want you to adopt my worldview. I just want you to be saved from death and Hell. Nothing else.