Hover over Romans 1:20-22 for proof of God's existence, and over Matthew 5:27-28 for Judgment Day’s perfect standard. Then hover over John 3:16-18 for what God did, and over Acts 17:30-31 for what to do.

Monday, August 11, 2008

Kicking and Screaming

"The God that I read about in the bible is quite capricious. You never know when he might smite one." Dale

Dale, I can understand why you feel that the God of the Bible is capricious. To you, His judgments make no sense. They are irrational. That’s because you are not God. I’m not being facetious. I reminding you that you aren’t omniscient. It is because He has all knowledge that all of His judgments are righteous and true all together. Your knowledge is extremely limited, so how could you begin to understand the judgments of Almighty God?

Let’s look at your moral judgments for a moment. Do you think homosexuality is morally wrong? Of course you don’t (I’m guessing). How about fornication? Adultery? Murder? Rape? Lying and stealing? If you say that any of these things are morally wrong, from where do you get your standard of judgment? Is it your own moral standard? Perhaps you say that it’s whatever society considered to be morally correct. So then if society says that homosexuality is morally okay, then you agree. If society says that fornication (sex outside of marriage) is okay, then you agree. Then if society says that it’s morally right to exterminate Jews, then you must say that it’s okay, because you have no moral absolutes.

Dale, the thought of you ending up in Hell grieves me. I can hardly entertain it. But I know that if a holy and perfect God judges you by His perfect moral standard, that is where you will end up. You may go kicking and screaming (like a murderer to the electric chair), but you will still go there. Please look for a moment at the Ten Commandments. Go through them and ask yourself if you have kept them in the light of what Jesus said in the Sermon on the Mount. If you are honest, you will have to come to the same conclusion that I came to one night in 1972. I am a sinner. I need a Savior.