Hover over Romans 1:20-22 for proof of God's existence, and over Matthew 5:27-28 for Judgment Day’s perfect standard. Then hover over John 3:16-18 for what God did, and over Acts 17:30-31 for what to do.

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

The Cats are Back

The other day I said that God had made kittens cute, and that man’s attempt at interbreeding had messed up the process. This was my second blunder in two days. My apologies. I was under the impression that our domesticated kittens were always cute. Apparently they weren’t when they began being domesticated (although I can’t seem to verify that fact). Once I realized that I had messed up, I removed the post so that I could get my facts straight.
Still, God has given mankind the ability to interbreed animals, including cats. Some turn out cute, and some turn out ugly.

Can someone explain to me why we can only interbreed after each kind? Why is it that we can’t cross-breed different species? I know that modern science has at least four definitions for the word "species," but I am asking why we can’t interbreed a dog with a cat, a duck with a chicken, or a cow with a horse. Does evolution have an explanation for this? The Bible certainly does. It says that every animal brings forth after its own kind (see Genesis 1:21, 24, 25).