Hover over Romans 1:20-22 for proof of God's existence, and over Matthew 5:27-28 for Judgment Day’s perfect standard. Then hover over John 3:16-18 for what God did, and over Acts 17:30-31 for what to do.

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The atheist has no "faith." So he believes.

“I was just reading some reviews of your book over on Amazon. LOL. I had a quick look at the first page of the book and I just had to pass on my observation. The first lie I can see is in the third sentence on page 1: ‘An ‘atheist’ believes that there is no God...’ While that statement correctly describes me -- I believe that there is no God -- the vast majority of atheists do not hold this view. They merely lack belief in gods. Quite different from what you are saying. I'm calling you out on the lie as I know we've explained the difference to you many times now. It isn't just a simple mistake on your part. It's a lie Ray.” alphgeek

It’s true. Most contemporary atheists carefully say that they “lack belief in gods.” I say “carefully” because they don’t want to be seen as having any “faith” at all, probably because of its overtones.

So let’s look closely at what they are saying. If I tell you “I lack belief that my Ford truck has a maker,” I am saying that I think nothing made it. It just happened. That is scientifically impossible. Nothing is nothing. It cannot “make” anything. If it can make something, then it’s not nothing because it has the power to make something.

So the contemporary atheist with his semantics paints himself into an intellectual dilemma. He has the choice of thinking nothing made everything, that something made everything (perhaps God) and is no longer an atheist, or he joins the “Don’t Understand How” club--the DUH.

Penn Jillette is a well-known atheist. Look at his honesty when it comes to the issue of believing: “I believe that there is no God. I'm beyond atheism. Atheism is not believing in God. Not believing in God is easy . . . But, this ‘This I Believe’ thing seems to demand something more personal, some leap of faith that helps one see life's big picture, some rules to live by. So, I'm saying, ‘This I believe: I believe there is no God.’”