Hover over Romans 1:20-22 for proof of God's existence, and over Matthew 5:27-28 for Judgment Day’s perfect standard. Then hover over John 3:16-18 for what God did, and over Acts 17:30-31 for what to do.

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Willful damage

Designer Calvin Klein has placed what is being called a "racy" new advertisement on a huge five-story-high billboard on a Manhattan building in New York City. It shows half-naked teenagers lying on top of each other in sexually explicit positions.

Sex not only sells jeans, it gets massive free publicity on CBS primetime. CBS "The Early Show" (June 15th) more than willingly scrolled over and zoomed into the lusty billboard an amazing sixteen times, as the show’s host interviewed an expert on why she thought it was wrong to show such images in public. The usual reasons were given: it wasn’t good for children to see such pictures, etc.

There’s another reason why Calvin Klein should rethink the tone of its advertising. Presently there are a massive 673,989 registered sex offenders in the United States, and hardly a day goes by when some child isn’t abducted, raped, and murdered.

Modern America is a tinderbox of sexual perverts and we don’t need anyone lighting fires with their lusty billboards.

Back in April 1999, ABC TV put a racy billboard of a naked woman lying on her stomach in my neighborhood in Southern California. The image had a small towel draped across her backside, to keep it legal. When I saw that, I purchased an 18-foot ladder, climbed up the billboard and stapled a huge orange blanket over that naked woman’s body. I don’t want some sexually depraved pervert getting off on ABC’s dirt, and raping and murdering my wife or daughter.

I then took a picture of the blanketed billboard and released it to the media, in the hope that ABC would take me to court for willful damage of their property. They didn’t.

I would gladly have countersued for their reckless attempts at willful damage of my precious family. If such a court case did happen, I would quote the Sermon on the Mount’s "Whoever looks on a woman to lust after her has committed adultery with her already in his heart" as the basis for my convictions. Calvin Klein’s campaign not only reveals that they couldn’t care less about the abuse of our women and children, it also shows that they have no regard for what God says is right and wrong.

So Mr. Klein, don’t even think of bringing your dirt and dumping it in my neighborhood, because I will be up my ladder with a staple gun in hand before the glue on your smutty image is dry.