Hover over Romans 1:20-22 for proof of God's existence, and over Matthew 5:27-28 for Judgment Day’s perfect standard. Then hover over John 3:16-18 for what God did, and over Acts 17:30-31 for what to do.

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Not the Wisest Thing to do

"So if I were to blaspheme the Holy Spirit would you still try to convert me?" Templar Ben

I can’t "convert" a soul. It’s God that does the converting. However, I will continue to plead with you and others to seek His mercy as long as I have a heartbeat.

There was a group of folks who received national publicity some time ago who aired videos of themselves on line, saying that they were blaspheming God. They were called "The Blasphemy Challenge," and their challenge was, "Do you dare accept the Blasphemy Challenge? Show the world how sure you are that the Christian God doesn't exist!"

I knew (and liked) their leader, so I emailed him with a little advice. I reminded him that the name "God," when translated into Arabic is "Allah," and that it wasn’t wise in today’s political climate to create a video of yourself, saying (when translated into Arabic), "My name is such and such, and I blaspheme Allah, and I am not afraid." Moslems have murdered those who have mocked their prophet (let alone their god), and they threatened a school teacher with death, simply because she named a teddy bear after him.

Since sending that email I have noticed that the leader of "The Blasphemy Challenge" seems to have disappeared. My friend Brian Sapient used a fake name, but the faces and real names of those atheists who responded to his challenge are still permanently on the Internet for all the world to see. If I was one of them, I would be praying.