Hover over Romans 1:20-22 for proof of God's existence, and over Matthew 5:27-28 for Judgment Day’s perfect standard. Then hover over John 3:16-18 for what God did, and over Acts 17:30-31 for what to do.

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

A Strange Name for a Christian Site

"Once again, despite the title of Ray’s blog, Atheist Central, today’s post addresses a theological point that is of no concern to atheists." Clamflats

This is a Christian blog that is called "Atheist Central." It is a strange name for a Christian site, but there is a reason for it being called that. It’s not because I solely post comments that concern atheists (although many do), but because so many atheists hang around and read it each day. It was originally called “Comfort Food,” and it was created solely to feed Christians. But things changed from the moment it started back in 2007. Let me tell you what happened.

It’s as though one dark night back on 2007, I decided to have a barbeque for members of my family. I found a spot in my back yard, lit the barbeque, put some meat on it and listened to it sizzle.

Suddenly, to my amazement, a mass of annoying bugs came from nowhere and infested the place. I tried swatting them, but they wouldn’t go away. They wanted to hang around the light, and they also wanted to try and get a little poison in here and there.

So I gave up trying to swat them. I instead welcomed them, and decided to call the place "Bug Central." Why? Because I grew to actually like them. Go figure.

No doubt this will stir up a fresh frenzy of biting and stinging replies.