Hover over Romans 1:20-22 for proof of God's existence, and over Matthew 5:27-28 for Judgment Day’s perfect standard. Then hover over John 3:16-18 for what God did, and over Acts 17:30-31 for what to do.

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Cornered Tiger

Tiger Woods was recently caught in what he called "transgressions." That’s a direct reference to the Law of God (specifically the Seventh of the Ten Commandments).

Sin has a way of catching up on us. It snaps at our heels like a hungry piranha. It may not catch us in this life, but it will certainly catch us at the next. It demands justified "wages" (see Romans 6:23), and on Judgment Day there will be Hell to pay.

It’s my earnest prayer that Tiger finds complete forgiveness at the cross. As the old hymn says:

"By God’s grace at last my sin I learned, then I trembled at the Law I spurned, 'til my guilty soul imploring turned, to Calvary."