Hover over Romans 1:20-22 for proof of God's existence, and over Matthew 5:27-28 for Judgment Day’s perfect standard. Then hover over John 3:16-18 for what God did, and over Acts 17:30-31 for what to do.

Saturday, December 19, 2009

A Serious Question About Lust

"Ray, I have a serious question that I am not sure how to answer when asked. When I talk to teens and tell them that if they lust after a woman/man, they've committed adultery in their heart, I've had some tell me, 'I'm not married, so how can I commit adultery when adultery is sex between a married person and someone other than their spouse.' How do I answer that?"

There are certain things that we human beings define as being morally wrong. One of them is adultery. No sane person would try and justify adultery as being morally okay. For those who are not sure as to what adultery is, according to any dictionary it is having sex with someone who is married. The definition traces itself back to the Seventh of the Ten Commandments, and under Israel’s civil Law, anyone who violated that Commandment was subject to capital punishment.

The moral Law and the consequences of violating it give us glimpse of how serious adultery is in the sight of God. So how serious is the sin of lust in God’s eyes? It’s as serious as the act of committing adultery. Whoever looks upon a woman to lust for her has committed adultery already with her in his heart.

So in God's Book, lust is adultery...not matter what the dictionary or society says. See Matthew 5:27-28 for details.