Hover over Romans 1:20-22 for proof of God's existence, and over Matthew 5:27-28 for Judgment Day’s perfect standard. Then hover over John 3:16-18 for what God did, and over Acts 17:30-31 for what to do.

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

"I am sure your 'fishing lures' of free gifts will draw some people in, maybe even get them into your net. After all you said yourself (as does the NT) that Christians are to be ‘fishers of men’ and evangelism is really a fishing expedition. Most of us are intelligent enough and not so desperate to realize what you are doing, but then Christianity always did appeal to those who are desperate and needy." nature observer

It seems that you may be insulting the intelligence of your atheist friends. A gift of $100 to help a struggling family to put food on their table may be a "lure" to you, but to them it’s a God-send (figure of speech).

I had an aunt once who couldn’t take a gift. She was so proud. If someone gave her something because they cared about her, she would hand it back. I guess she thought that she was doing the right thing. But she insulted the giver.

There seems to be a tinge of pride and even condescension in your words. You are more intelligent than other atheists. You are not as desperate as them. Not at the moment.

You would rather starve than take a gift from a Christian.

Tell me--if some atheist somewhere in the world gets a monetary gift from me and because of it, softens to the gospel, what do I get out of it? I don’t want his money. I have already shown that by giving him money. I’m not saying he should join a particular church. Never once have I encouraged anyone to join a church. And I certainly don’t want him to show up on my doorstep.

I don’t have my own church, so what’s the "net" of which you speak? Is it the tangled web of Christianity? Why should you care? If you do care, then send me your email address and I will put you in contact with needy atheists who would appreciate your financial help.

Or is it that you feel threatened by an expression of Christian love?