Hover over Romans 1:20-22 for proof of God's existence, and over Matthew 5:27-28 for Judgment Day’s perfect standard. Then hover over John 3:16-18 for what God did, and over Acts 17:30-31 for what to do.

Monday, May 10, 2010

I Blew it . . . Big Time

If I wasn’t a Christian and watched secular television, I don’t think I would be an atheist, but I certainly would be anti-religious. Common sense would have steered me in that direction.

I don’t know how many times I have seen the secular media devote TV news time to a knot in a tree that looks like the face of Jesus, or a pancake that looks like Mary.

Recently the media devoted about five minutes of the news hour to a religious woman who found a stain in one of her cooking pots, that looked like Mary. Well she thought it did. She took it as a word from God about something she was wanting, and passed it on to a friend to bring her friend good luck.

What kind of low-IQ demographic do the media aim at? Then again, they may broadcast stuff like this because they know that many of us are the people who believe the Bible (talking snakes, etc.), and so we too will see Mary in a pot.

I pulled a tissue out of a container some time ago and saw some instant origami. I even took a photo of it (see picture). I wasn't sure who it was supposed to be. It could have been Mary. It sure looked like her. If a ten year-old toasted cheese sandwich that looked like the Virgin Mary able to be sold on eBay for $28,000, I’m sure I could have got half of that.

Too bad I had a cold that day...

P.s. I have to say to some of you atheists who have commented--lighten up a little. The above post is tongue-in-cheek. It's like a joke. A pathetic attempt at humor--to try and make you crack a smile and make your day a little more pleasant.