Hover over Romans 1:20-22 for proof of God's existence, and over Matthew 5:27-28 for Judgment Day’s perfect standard. Then hover over John 3:16-18 for what God did, and over Acts 17:30-31 for what to do.

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Low-life's and Public Restrooms

Now and then I take a few moments to check out different atheist sites to see what is being said about me. I don't go there much because everything is pretty nasty, and reminds me of the low-life language on the wall of a public restroom in a bad part of town.

However, sometimes among the dirt there's a little diamond. An atheist will say that he appreciates that I let through a lot of negative comments about myself, and they give me a backhanded compliment for doing so.

But there is good reason why I let through comments that say that I'm a liar and a money-hungry charlatan. It's because I know that I'm not, and that those who accuse me of being so are either nasty themselves, or they have misinformation, or they say that I "misrepresent" their atheistic and evolutionary beliefs. Rather, I don't accept the beliefs of their particular sect of atheism, with its new definitions of the nature of atheism and unscientific beliefs about evolution.

But here is the dilemma for the accusing atheist. If I am a liar and I'm a slick and greedy charlatan, I'm not doing anything morally wrong. This is because there are no moral absolutes to which an atheist can point. He may think that it's wrong, and say that he wouldn't do it himself, but he has nothing upon which to hang his right and wrong, according to his worldview.

However, if there are moral absolutes and there is a God that will punish liars and those who are covetous, in a place called "Hell," then the atheist is also in big trouble for his own glaring sins. He can’t win either way. All he can do is name-call in the hope that that will discourage me. And so we have the continual name-calling and accusations.

But I'm not discouraged at all, because God alone is the judge of my actions, and He's "rich in mercy." But those atheists who judge me without mercy should be aware of what they are doing:

"For he shall have judgment without mercy, that has shown no mercy..." (James 2:13).

"For with what judgment you judge, you will be judged; and with the measure you use, it will be measured back to you" (Matthew 7:2).