Hover over Romans 1:20-22 for proof of God's existence, and over Matthew 5:27-28 for Judgment Day’s perfect standard. Then hover over John 3:16-18 for what God did, and over Acts 17:30-31 for what to do.

Saturday, March 19, 2011

The Know-it-all Atheist

"But wisdom is justified of all her children." (Luke 7:35).

You can see the fruit of wisdom by the lives of those who follow it. This godless world is like a know-it-all teenager. He gets a buzz from dope, enjoys sex with his gorgeous girlfriend, loves driving fast cars, and going to wild parties. He lives on the edge, ignoring the wisdom of his parents.

Zoom forward 15 years at his memorial service. He became addicted to coke, got his girlfriend pregnant, had a failed marriage, and ended up killing himself through driving drunk. It happens all the time. You can’t tell anything to a hedonist teenager, who thinks he knows best.

So it is with this world who thinks it knows best. To them, God is the ultimate party-pooper. But look at the trail of godless destruction—suicide, alcoholism, drug addiction, broken marriages, STD's, wars, abortion, hatred, greed, corruption, fear, hunger, radiation poisoning, an impending international financial collapse, uncontrollable pollution, sky-rocketing gas prices, and a mass of other consequences of refusing the counsel of God.

The Bible personifies "Wisdom" at the beginning of the Book of Proverbs, and speaks to rebellious humanity:

"Because I have called, and you refused; I have stretched out my hand, and no man regarded; But you have set at nought all my counsel, and would none of my reproof: I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear cometh; When your fear comes as desolation, and your destruction cometh as a whirlwind; when distress and anguish cometh upon you. Then shall they call upon me, but I will not answer; they shall seek me early, but they shall not find me: For that they hated knowledge, and did not choose the fear of the Lord: They would none of my counsel: they despised all my reproof. Therefore shall they eat of the fruit of their own way, and be filled with their own devices" (Proverbs 1:24—31).

God forbid that this should happen to this wise-in-its-own-eyes generation. May it wake up and seek God before it does.

EDIT: "abortion" added.