Hover over Romans 1:20-22 for proof of God's existence, and over Matthew 5:27-28 for Judgment Day’s perfect standard. Then hover over John 3:16-18 for what God did, and over Acts 17:30-31 for what to do.

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

This mystery

Later that morning, a letter arrived from the State Department. It was an official dispatch saying that they had just received a bag of mail containing 2,000 letters. The German government informed them that it had been buried beneath the rubble in the basement of a condemned building, which was apparently a temporary post office in Berlin in 1941.

Within the large envelope Jerry found a smaller envelope, one which was addressed to him in his sister's handwriting. On it was an official-looking Red Cross stamp dated May 14, 1941.

He carefully opened the letter. The hand‑ written blue ink had faded to a reddish brown. It read:

May 12, 1941

"Dearest Jerry, How I miss seeing your face. I pray that you are well and that God's hand is upon you. I am not able to give many details, but two years after I was taken to Auschwitz, I was transferred along with about 400 women to the flea‑infested Ravensbruck Concentration Camp. I befriended two Jewish sisters who invited us to a Bible study. What great light we have found in this dark place!

"I saw grandmother in Auschwitz when I first arrived, but then she disappeared. I fear the worst.

"May you find what I found in this place, and may God keep you in His caring arms. Your loving sister, Lilian. P.S. Colossians 1:26‑27."

Jerry stared at the postscript. It seemed to jump out at him. He turned to the Bible verses and read them out loud:

"Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints. To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory . . . "

To be continued...