Hover over Romans 1:20-22 for proof of God's existence, and over Matthew 5:27-28 for Judgment Day’s perfect standard. Then hover over John 3:16-18 for what God did, and over Acts 17:30-31 for what to do.

Monday, March 31, 2008

Sarcasm Ahead

One persistent skeptic keeps asking where I did research for my soon-to-be-published, Evolution--the Fairytale for Grownups. I am encouraged by the irritation the book has already caused from its dissenters. The inference is that I didn’t go to reputable sources. Well, I have a confession to make. I didn’t write the book. It just happened by itself. There was nothing, and then an explosion that came from nowhere. The ink formed out of nothing and fell into coherent English words, and the paper formed from nothing and caught the words. Page numbers fell from nowhere into the right order. Colored ink descended from nowhere and created the cover. The book bound itself, trimmed itself and there you have it. A book.

What sort of fool would you take me for if I believed that? And what sort of fool would you be to believe what I said.

If you look closely at any book, you will see the maker’s mark somewhere on the publication. The publishers of the book want you to know they exists. Look at the spine and you will see their logo. If for some reason you want to peel it off and trash it, go ahead. It may give you some sort of personal satisfaction, but it doesn’t change the fact that the book still had a publisher, and that you have knowledge of that fact.

So where’s God’s logo? It is stamped on your mind in the vicinity of the “conscience.” The word con means “with,” and science means “knowledge.” The conscience gives you the knowledge (among other things) that God is your Publisher, and your whole sinful life is an open book before Him.