Hover over Romans 1:20-22 for proof of God's existence, and over Matthew 5:27-28 for Judgment Day’s perfect standard. Then hover over John 3:16-18 for what God did, and over Acts 17:30-31 for what to do.

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Science and Religion

"I was thinking pretty hard today about where my issues lie with Ray's opinions. The biggest part of it is indeed where he claims I believe things I don't, or disparages me, or claims he knows better than I do what my own beliefs are. Where I guess I end up butting heads with people here in the comments is where some of you insist that the Bible is inerrant and as such condemn any science that contradicts it. Science is blind to religion. It cares not if it supports it or refutes it.” Plagiarize

Plagiarize . . . I presume that you are making reference to my “an atheist is someone who believes that nothing made everything.” I can understand why that’s offensive, but if you want to call yourself "an atheist," that is indeed what you believe. You have no belief in a Creator. So there was no creative initiative. However, if you don’t like that definition, and you insist on saying that something made everything, then you can’t take on the label “atheist.” You are an agnostic. There are no in-betweens.

You believe that science is blind to religion. Where did you learn that? Albert Einstein said, "Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind." The word "science" simply means "knowledge." Only a lame and blind scientist rejects knowledge of the One who created the universe. Sir Isaac Newton rightly said, "As a blind man has no idea of colors, so we have no idea of the manner by which the all-wise God perceives and understands all things."