Hover over Romans 1:20-22 for proof of God's existence, and over Matthew 5:27-28 for Judgment Day’s perfect standard. Then hover over John 3:16-18 for what God did, and over Acts 17:30-31 for what to do.

Friday, May 22, 2009

True science

"stargazer said...Ray, I am just wondering what you think the world would be like without science . . . You really are not just against evolution, Ray, you are really against all the sciences. . . . you are against anything that contradicts the Bible and in reality that would be most of science, including biology, geology, astronomy, physics, anthropology, just to name a few. Do you REALLY want to debate the entire scientific community?"

Perhaps you think I’m a monk and I live in some sort of monastery. But I'm not locked away from the real world. I go out for meals, follow the news, have a cell phone, iPod, I text message, and read books. I also love science.

In case you didn’t know, "science" is God allowing man to discover the secret workings of His incredible creation. Many of our greatest scientists loved God--Galileo, Newton, Nicholas Copernicus, Francis Bacon, Michael Faraday, Louis Pasteur and Kepler, just to name a few. Einstein (a theist who didn’t believe in a personal God) rightly said, "Science without religion is lame; religion without science is blind."

I don’t know any Christians that fall into the category you have described. My Christian friends also love science. Without it they would be blind, as Einstein said. But look what he said about those who leave God out of the equation. They are lame. But they also intellectually disqualify themselves from speaking on behalf of science, because their basic worldview of "nothing created everything" is a scientific impossibility.

Einstein said, "I want to know how God created this world, I am not interested in this or that phenomenon, in the spectrum of this or that element. I want to know His thoughts, the rest are details." If you also want to know God’s thoughts, read your Bible.

You speak of the incredible creation. I speak of the incredible Creator. You speak of the greatness of space. I speak of the greatness of the One who made it. You love creation. I love the Creator and will escape His terrible swift sword, because I trust in His mercy.

It's my earnest prayer that you would also trust Jesus for your own eternal salvation today. He doesn't promise you tomorrow.