Hover over Romans 1:20-22 for proof of God's existence, and over Matthew 5:27-28 for Judgment Day’s perfect standard. Then hover over John 3:16-18 for what God did, and over Acts 17:30-31 for what to do.

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

"'A man cannot be happy who believes in Hell, any more than he can sweeten his coffee with a pickle.’ (Lemuel K. Washburn, Is The Bible Worth Reading And Other Essays)." Weemaryanne

This is so true. When atheists have patronized me by saying "I’m glad you are happy," I have told them that I’m not. Do you think "happy" would be the right word to use to describe that state of mind of those who were saved in the lifeboats of the Titanic as their loved ones and others were being swallowed into an icy grave? No doubt they were unspeakably grateful that they are saved, but it would be entirely inappropriate to use the word "happy" to describe their circumstance.

There’s not a day that goes by that I’m not horrified at what’s in store for those who die in their sins. It’s my sole motivation for this blog, for every tract and book I have written, for the TV program and for my open air preaching. If Hell didn’t exist, neither would I on your radar screen.