Hover over Romans 1:20-22 for proof of God's existence, and over Matthew 5:27-28 for Judgment Day’s perfect standard. Then hover over John 3:16-18 for what God did, and over Acts 17:30-31 for what to do.

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Who Says I Don't Believe in Aliens?

"Wait a second... I think I've figured out the ruse here. At some point, Ray is going to blog about a comment from this post, and say that in order to 'believe' in extraterrestrial life, we'd have to have knowledge of the entire universe. Then we'll be told that if we 'believe' in extraterrestrial life, we should have no trouble believing in his God. Does that about sum it up, Ray? Did I pick your petty ploy?" Sarah

Unfortunately, you are incorrect in your assessments on two counts. The first mistake you have made is to think that you have to have absolute knowledge to believe in something. Rather, you have to have absolute knowledge to say that you know that something doesn’t exist. You and I can believe in anything we want. Our belief makes no difference to reality. Truth is, despite our beliefs.

I have noticed a few comments that insinuate that I don’t believe in aliens. In actuality, I have no idea if they exist. They might, but if they do, they didn’t come into existence by random chance but because God created them. That’s my belief, and to believe that I don’t need to have knowledge of the entire universe. But to make the point again--if I say that I know that there is no extraterrestrial life on any of the billions of planets, I would need omniscience.

The second incorrect assessment (which is built on the first) is the thought that if we believe in aliens, we should have no trouble believing in God. But there’s a huge difference between believing in aliens and believing in God. There is no evidence that aliens exist. Scientists can only suppose that there is a possibility that they exist, somewhere.

However, every single "made" thing in this "creation" is absolute 100% scientific evidence that God exists. You cannot (a scientific impossibility) have things that are made without having a Maker. You cannot have a creation, without a Creator. Nothing material can exist without a beginning--“In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth...All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made" (Genesis 1:1; John 1:3).