Hover over Romans 1:20-22 for proof of God's existence, and over Matthew 5:27-28 for Judgment Day’s perfect standard. Then hover over John 3:16-18 for what God did, and over Acts 17:30-31 for what to do.

Monday, February 14, 2011

The Atheist Worldview...

"Mr. Comfort, I have to disagree with you on a couple of things. First, as an atheist my life is not purposeless. It does have meaning. Primarily it is for the people I love and those that love me. Second, I don’t use atheism as an excuse to engage in the things that you listed. I know other atheists that are the same. I hope you have to good day." Zathras

I have to respectfully disagree. Let me ask you a few questions. What is the ultimate purpose of your existence? I know that you love your family--that's what you do while you are here. But why do you exist? If you can’t give me an answer, then you have no purpose to your existence. The second question is, do you love the God who gave you life? Are you thankful to Him for everything you have--your loved ones, your eyes, the ability to think, for food on your plate, for the fact that you can breathe?

As an atheist, you will have to answer that you are not. Of course you don't thank God. You are thankful for life, but not to God because you don't believe He exists. In so doing, you are guilty of the greatest of all sins. The greatest Commandment is to love the Lord your God, with all of your heart, all of your mind, all of your soul, and all of your strength. If that's the greatest Command, then the greatest sin is failure to do so. You are guilty of gross ingratitude; and you are guilty of it because of your atheistic worldview, and I'm sure you know of other atheists who are the same.