Hover over Romans 1:20-22 for proof of God's existence, and over Matthew 5:27-28 for Judgment Day’s perfect standard. Then hover over John 3:16-18 for what God did, and over Acts 17:30-31 for what to do.

Saturday, November 10, 2007

Shaken Bacon


As The Way of the Master radio is broadcast to 200 radio stations in Australia, every couple of months we are obligated to do “phone fishing” with Aussies. I say “obligated” because I didn’t like doing eight 15-minute sessions in a row. In the past I had found it mentally exhausting. Before we started I complained, moaned, and whined. I didn’t want to do it. By the time we got to number five I had had enough. He was a 22 year-old Aussie named Bret. Our contact informed us that he was covered in tattoos, with a pentagram on his hand. We talked about tattoos for a while, found out that he believed in Heaven, but didn’t believe in Hell. I took him through the Ten Commandments then into grace, and talked about the “reasonableness” of Hell, in the light of God being good and therefore just. Then I said, “Does that make sense?” He answered, “That is a complete load of sense. I’m thinking right now about getting a Bible.” I was speechless. I quickly passed the interview over to Todd, who said, “I’m begging you, get right with God.” Bret said, “You don’t have to beg; I will. I’m sitting here shaking. I’m trembling.” We commended him to our Aussie contact, who made sure he was given literature. What an encouragement! I’m looking forward to the next time we go Down-under.