Hover over Romans 1:20-22 for proof of God's existence, and over Matthew 5:27-28 for Judgment Day’s perfect standard. Then hover over John 3:16-18 for what God did, and over Acts 17:30-31 for what to do.

Sunday, December 23, 2007

Tough Time?

Are you going through a tough time? We pray for deliverance, and sometimes circumstances change for the better. But sometimes they get worse. Sometimes Lazarus dies. But in the midst of what seems like a tragedy, the Christian possesses something very special; a secret consolation. Let me remind you of it by asking you a question. Have you ever had a song in your mind that you can’t seem to shake? Now and then I get one that plays over and over in my head (there must be a “repeat” mode in there). Sometimes it’s even on “play” from the moment I wake up in the morning. One such song was from the 1960’s. The words were “You don’t have to say you love me, just be close at hand. You don’t have to stay ‘forever,’ I will understand. Believe me, believe me.” It reminded me of our secret consolation. God didn’t have to say He loved us, but He did, through the cross. He is always close at hand no matter what lion’s den in which we find ourselves. He will never, ever forsake us, and this relationship is forever. May we understand such a truth. All we have to do is believe Him. Believe Him. It all comes down to trust and obey, for there’s no other way. I feel another song coming . . .