Hover over Romans 1:20-22 for proof of God's existence, and over Matthew 5:27-28 for Judgment Day’s perfect standard. Then hover over John 3:16-18 for what God did, and over Acts 17:30-31 for what to do.

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Be Wise

One key to good health is to check the genetic makeup of your ancestors. Did your great grandmother have problems with diabetes or osteoporosis? Then adjust your sugar and calcium diet accordingly. Did your great grandfather die of heart disease? Then lay off too much fat, and get plenty of exercise. Find out the potential problem, then work towards its avoidance. That’s what I did when I was 22 years old. I looked at my ancestors and saw that they had all died. All of them. So I began to see if there was any way for the potential problem of death to be avoided. First, I found the cause of death (something the scientific community can’t figure). It is a terminal genetic disease called “inherited sin.” Then, to my utter amazement (by the grace of God), I discovered the cure--repentance towards God and implicit trust in Jesus Christ. After all these years, that "amazement" is still there.

A wise man once said that when he became a Christian, he gave up that which he could not keep (his terminal life), to gain that which he could not lose (the eternal life of God in him). Be wise; give up your life. Surrender it to God, and put your trust in the Savior. If you are genuine in your commitment to Him, you will never look back, and you will never regret it. Not for a mille-second . . . and you will live in eternal amazement.