Hover over Romans 1:20-22 for proof of God's existence, and over Matthew 5:27-28 for Judgment Day’s perfect standard. Then hover over John 3:16-18 for what God did, and over Acts 17:30-31 for what to do.

Sunday, February 3, 2008

Dumb Mutt

It was some time in the early hours of the morn­ing in July of 1995. We had bought a new home and the move had been an opportu­nity to break our new pup­py of the habit of sleeping in our bed. However, in the blac­kness of the night I could see the dumb dog lying on the pillow next to me. I had just woken from a deep sleep, and a thou­sand thoughts raced through my dozy mind as to why this pup would be back in bed with us.

I reached out my hand and stroked the anim­al, but felt confused. Its fur seemed a little strange. As I extended my hand to touch it again, to my horror it began to levi­tate! In the eerie darkness, I could see the animal's entire body actually lifting itself up off the pillow and into the air.

I regained my composure, apologized to my wife Sue for stroking her hair during the night, and went back to sleep, feeling rather stupid. (From the soon to be published 101 of the Dumbest Things People Have Done).