Hover over Romans 1:20-22 for proof of God's existence, and over Matthew 5:27-28 for Judgment Day’s perfect standard. Then hover over John 3:16-18 for what God did, and over Acts 17:30-31 for what to do.

Sunday, February 3, 2008

Frank Millstone

I was at Huntington Beach just after open air preaching, when a friend showed up with his eight year-old daughter. She’s a sweet little kid with a strong faith in God. Some time later I saw him conversing with an atheist named Frank. Frank had been heckling me, and seemed to consider himself to be quite an intellectual. When my friend’s little girl told the atheist that she believed in God, Frank bent down to her and in a fatherly way told her that God was just like Santa Clause--He didn’t exist. How could he do such a thing? I was horrified. He was like a poor mentally challenged man, sticking a fork into a live power outlet. I said, “Frank, do you know what a millstone is?” He did. I said, “Do you remember what Jesus said about millstones?” He said he had never read the Bible. My heart went out to him. He didn't know what he had just done. Poor Frank. The Bible is the greatest-selling book of all time, yet he had never read it. If you are tempted to follow in Frank's footsteps, here's what Jesus said: “But whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in Me to stumble, it would be better for him if a millstone were hung around his neck, and he were thrown into the sea” (Mark 9:41-43).