Hover over Romans 1:20-22 for proof of God's existence, and over Matthew 5:27-28 for Judgment Day’s perfect standard. Then hover over John 3:16-18 for what God did, and over Acts 17:30-31 for what to do.

Sunday, March 23, 2008

A Skeptic's Question

"Laura said... So tell me, Ray, how do you feel about Jews? I don't believe they're hell bound; do you?"

I am often asked that question when I am open air preaching. It usually comes from those who don’t know their history. The disciples were Jewish. All of them. Jesus was Jewish (see John 4:9). We even have His genealogy to prove it (see Matthew 1:1-17). He was the promised Jewish Messiah (see Romans 15:12). Christianity was birthed in the land of the Jews, and not the United States as is commonly believed. The first 3,000 converts to Christianity were Jews (see Acts 2:41), and the next 5,000 to be converted were Jews. The Apostle Paul was Jewish (see Acts 23:6). The God of the Jews (the God of Israel) made sure the gospel was offered to the Jew first, before the Gentile (see Romans 1:16). I am Jewish because my mother is Jewish, and I’m a Christian. The usual response to that, is to say that I can't be a Christian and a Jew at the same time. However, the last time I checked, I still had the same Jewish blood I was born with.

The advantage to the Jew when it comes to Christianity, is that they have the moral Law to show them that they need a Savior (see Romans 3:1-2). However, eternal life is offered to all humanity, whether Jew or Gentile, black or white ("red and yellow, black and white, all are precious in His sight..."), or male or female. If anyone ends up in Hell it will not be because of their ethnicity or their color. It will be because of their sin. Rapists, murderers, thieves, liars, blasphemers, adulterers, fornicators, etc., will get exactly what they deserve, and if I die in my sins, being Jewish will not save me from the justice of a holy God. Only the blood of Jesus of Nazareth the God-given Jewish Messiah can do that. And Laura, that same precious blood was shed for you, whether you are Jew or Gentile. Whosoever will, may come.

If any other skeptic has other questions, please ask them, and I will do my best to answer them.