Hover over Romans 1:20-22 for proof of God's existence, and over Matthew 5:27-28 for Judgment Day’s perfect standard. Then hover over John 3:16-18 for what God did, and over Acts 17:30-31 for what to do.

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Could You Believe?

"Could an evolutionist give you any evidence that would make you believe in it?" Steve Mudskipper

Could I give you any evidence that would make you believe in fairies or that the sun is made of ice? Even answering that question would reveal something about you intellectually. However, your question is even more loaded, because it carries with it a subtle implication.

Being a Christian means that I know God. I don't know "about" Him; I know Him. That's the biblical definition of a Christian—someone who knows the Lord (see John 17:3). This isn't bigotry or arrogance. That's just the way it is.

God's Word tells me that He created man in His own image, morally cognizant, and as male and female. To believe in a theory that says otherwise is to call God a liar. This is something I would never do, in light of the irrefutable evidence of His proven reality. It would be far easier for me to believe in fairies and that the sun is made of ice, than to believe in the imaginations of Darwinian evolutionists.

I've been looking into the issue for more than thirty years, and I have never seen a hint of genuine evidence of species-to-species transitional forms in the fossil record. The theory stands or falls on the supposed links between species. Even if you came up with what you believe is evidence, time would prove it to be another hoax, as it has so often in the past.

So, you are flogging a decomposed horse. You have been duped. Evolution isn't true. It never has been and it never will be, no matter how long you wait for evidence. That is upsetting for its true believers, because it leaves only one alternative--that God created mankind as male and female and that you and I are morally responsible to Him.

However, if you really want the truth--if you are open to genuine evidence--simply believe the words of the infallible Creator rather than the words of fallible man: "Then Jesus said to those Jews who believed in Him, 'If you abide in My word, you are My disciples indeed. And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free'" (John 8:31,32).