Hover over Romans 1:20-22 for proof of God's existence, and over Matthew 5:27-28 for Judgment Day’s perfect standard. Then hover over John 3:16-18 for what God did, and over Acts 17:30-31 for what to do.

Saturday, January 31, 2009

The World’s Most Amazing Atheist

Years ago I emailed the world’s most amazing atheist. No, it wasn’t Richard Dawkins. Let me give you a clue as to his identity. He was an ordained minister for 19 years, and during that time he even wrote songs about Jesus, from which he still receives royalties today.

I upset him to a point where he said that if I ever made contact with him again, he would have my email account shut down. He was really mad.

I can’t tell you his name because he is lawsuit-crazy, but I can tell you what I said to him. All I wrote was, "Judas lasted three and a half years. Yet you managed to fake it for 19 years! Amazing."

Most professing atheists complain about the Church being full of hypocrites. There are millions of hypocrites sitting right in the middle of God’s people. They are pretenders, whose lives don’t match what they profess. Some remain within the Church, while others move on to other things (some to atheism).

But that's the missing link with false converts (hypocrites). They don't know the Lord because they are strangers to true repentance. They hold onto their sins and think that they are Christians, when they are not. They are fakes.

Jesus called the ones who stay, "goats" among the sheep, and said that they will be sorted out on Judgment Day (see Matthew 7:21-27).

My lawsuit-happy friend played the hypocrite for an incredible 19 years. No doubt at the time he thought he knew that Lord, just like Judas. But Mr. Iscariot had no idea who Jesus of Nazareth was, evidenced in the fact that he also saw Jesus as simply a means of making money. No doubt today he’s still being paid for what he did.

Some would say that this atheist’s bark is worse than his bite. I don’t think so. He is more than just a barker. He is an angry and bitter man who hates the God he once professed to love.

Amazing, and yet tragic. This poor man obviously never understood the cross.