Hover over Romans 1:20-22 for proof of God's existence, and over Matthew 5:27-28 for Judgment Day’s perfect standard. Then hover over John 3:16-18 for what God did, and over Acts 17:30-31 for what to do.

Saturday, June 20, 2009

Toast or eggs?

"God knows that I will have eggs for breakfast tomorrow. I don't -- I haven't made up my mind yet. But when I wake up in the morning and select eggs for breakfast, was it ever possible for me to choose otherwise? Either I can not choose toast instead of eggs, or God was incorrect when He saw that I would pick eggs. And we all know that God is never wrong...So where is my free will?" Alphgeek

Either God exists, or He doesn’t. To say that there is no Creator means that everything happened by chance, from nothing. To say that there was no initial cause means that I think it was causeless. If on the other hand I say that an intelligent Creator brought creation into existence, then I can’t limit Him, because the creation itself is a revelation of His unlimited supernatural ability.

If you think otherwise, try making an eye yourself, from nothing. Do you start with the 137,000,000 light sensitive cells, or the nerve-endings, or the retina. How do you make a retina, from nothing? We have no idea where or how to begin. The Bible asks the question, "Shall not He who formed the eye, also see?" In other words, if God has the genius (for want of a better word) to create the eye, reason tells us that He’s not blind.

If He can create the brain of a man, He can therefore see the thoughts of a man. The eye of the Lord is in every place, beholding the evil and the good. Nothing is hid from the eyes of Him with whom we have to give an account. When the Bible speaks of nothing, it means "nothing." Nothing is hidden from God. That means he sees your thought-life, every hair on your head, every atom He created, and every event in the future of time.

Now, to your toast and eggs. The fact that God sees the future has nothing to do with your choice of breakfast. He doesn’t choose your menu. You do. He simply knows the path you will take. If you find that hard to reconcile, think of it like this. If you see a live sporting event, and then go home and watch the same game on TV, you may know the outcome, but you don’t determine the result.