Hover over Romans 1:20-22 for proof of God's existence, and over Matthew 5:27-28 for Judgment Day’s perfect standard. Then hover over John 3:16-18 for what God did, and over Acts 17:30-31 for what to do.

Sunday, July 19, 2009

The Dilemma, Again

"Wow Ray, I have personally answered your versions of infinite regression, and 'nothing creating everything' and corrected your pathetic misunderstanding of the second law of thermodynamics... Not that I am claiming you are lying in this regard, I don't think so. You are simply expressing your ignorant opinions. However if you had any intellectual honesty you would acknowledge that there are answers given to your supposed stumpers that you are unable to refute." Ryk

I am happy to acknowledge that answers have been given to explain the "nothing created everything" dilemma, and I choose to believe that those answers are wrong. There's nothing to refute.

I have seen numbers of those who called themselves "atheists" change their minds and admit that they weren't atheists, the moment they realized that they did believe that "something" created everything. That was because the alternative was ridiculous. That realization is the pin that pops the bubble of atheism. That’s why I am staying with this, much to the annoyance of the faithful posters.

However, my consolation is that if they don’t like me saying this, they are free to go elsewhere. Think about it. If every professing atheist leaves, this would no longer be "Atheist Central." The Blog would dry up. I would be out of their lives forever. Or could it be that they get bored talking to those others who profess to be atheists?

So, what do you believe: creator or no creator? You could say that there is no such thing as "creation," which many atheists say, which is absurd. You could say "I don't know." But if you do, you are not an atheist. You are agnostic. You could try to define "nothing" as being something, which is also ridiculous. One of your atheist friends said, "An atheist is someone who believes 'the something' is NOT INTELLIGENT, because cosmology, abiogenesis and evolution show you don't need an intelligent designer to end up with a planet filled with life." Crazy-talk. So you do have a dilemma.

Here’s another atheist’s attempt to distance himself from the essence of atheism: "Let's say I believe that something caused the universe to form. SOMETHING not NOTHING. However I think that something was natural and not God. See, I am still an atheist because I don't believe in God, and yet at the same time I believe that something caused the universe." So he believes in a creator as the cause of the universe. He’s not an atheist.

Let me add to all this that I am honored that you post here. Best wishes to you and yours.