Hover over Romans 1:20-22 for proof of God's existence, and over Matthew 5:27-28 for Judgment Day’s perfect standard. Then hover over John 3:16-18 for what God did, and over Acts 17:30-31 for what to do.

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

How do you know?

"The stories [my grandmother] tells are quite vivid. If I didn't know better, I'd believe every word she said. I, and other family members, sometimes feel the need to bring her back to reality, but most of the time, we realize that it's futile to try. I'm not suggesting that your mental condition is comparable to a 72 year old woman with Alzheimer's (I would never insult my Grandmother like that), but when you, or anyone else, claims to 'know God', I can only assume that you're in a state of hallucination."

What’s the basis for your assumption that you are the one who is sane and that your grandmother is not? Here are a few test questions: Do you believe that there is a creation without a Creator? Do you believe a woman has the right to kill her child in the womb? Should homosexuals have the right to marry each other? What is the purpose of your existence (other than to find happiness while you are here)? What is your definition of a sane person? How do you know your definition is the correct one? Does your grandmother think that she is a primate? Do you think she is? Do you believe Richard Dawkins is correct when he says that we are all primates? If there was one chance in a million that God exists, and He is offering you everlasting life, would you take the time to look into it?