Hover over Romans 1:20-22 for proof of God's existence, and over Matthew 5:27-28 for Judgment Day’s perfect standard. Then hover over John 3:16-18 for what God did, and over Acts 17:30-31 for what to do.

Thursday, July 2, 2009

When Did Life Appear?

When did life appear on the earth? Was it billions of years ago, or was it something like 6,000 years ago? The Smithsonian doesn’t know (pictured). They use the word "probably" when it comes to when life began, which is probably the most-used word when it comes to the theory of evolution. I use the word "probably" when it comes to it being the number one word, because I really don’t know. I could be wrong.

Imagine stepping into a plane that you believed was "probably" safe, or into an elevator that has cables that are "probably" secure. But think of what the evolution believer does. He believes that earth probably began billions of years ago, and therefore whole-heartedly rejects the Bible’s account of creation and consequently its offer of Heaven and warning of Hell. All because of probably.

The word "know" is used 717 times in the Bible (KJV), but you won’t find the word "probably" even once. That’s because when God says something, His promise is immutable. You can have faith in it, believe it, rely on it, cling to it, and completely trust it with all of your heart, mind, soul and strength. I have been doing that for over 37 years and never once have I been even slightly disappointed.

It’s because of this absolute trust in God that I know that I have everlasting life. I know that my many sins are forgiven, and I know that I have escaped the damnation of Hell.

This implicite trust is something that God gives to all those who repent and trust in Jesus. If we call upon His name He gives us a new heart with new desires, "seals" us with His Holy Spirit, imputes what is called "righteousness" to us, and on top of that He gives us the ability to trust Him and His promises in such an unshakeable way.

I know that many of you say that you don’t believe that God exists (let alone have faith in His promises), and of course you don’t have faith in what I have to say because you think I am a lying, money-hungry, snake-oil salesman. But I will say it anyway: I cannot find words in the English language to express my love for God. I am at a loss for words when it comes to my fathomless appreciation, my burning gratitude, my exploding thankfulness--for the fact that He has saved me from the power of the grave and given me everlasting life.

Write us off if you will, but you cannot take that reality from those that love God. It's ours forever...and all you have is "probably."