Hover over Romans 1:20-22 for proof of God's existence, and over Matthew 5:27-28 for Judgment Day’s perfect standard. Then hover over John 3:16-18 for what God did, and over Acts 17:30-31 for what to do.

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

For those of you who like life . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-8PBx7isoM

I wept when I watched this. There’s a reason why I was so moved by it.

It could be said that telling a loved one to put on a seatbelt is nothing but a scare tactic. But who could argue that it's motivated by love and concern.

I know that many of you accuse me of being anti-science because I don’t believe in the theory of evolution. You think I’m a liar, a thief, that I mock your beliefs, that my motivation is just to make money, and that I use scare tactics because I talk about the reality of Hell. Believe what you will, but I know that my motive for warning you is the same as the loved ones in the above clip.

You don’t need convincing that God exists. Creation and conscience are enough. You simply need to believe that you are in danger, and the only way that will ever happen is if you listen to the voice of your conscience as you go through the moral Law.

To do that, read the Sermon on the Mount (Matthew 5-7) with a tender conscience. Then read the rest of Matthew and follow the Savior to the cross, where He took your punishment and rose from the dead, so that you could escape the damnation of Hell and live forever. See Romans 13:14.