Hover over Romans 1:20-22 for proof of God's existence, and over Matthew 5:27-28 for Judgment Day’s perfect standard. Then hover over John 3:16-18 for what God did, and over Acts 17:30-31 for what to do.

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

A Sincere Apology

"icouldbe said...I was troubled by my last few posts, it is not my place to question your motives to the Dear Lord Jesus, so for that I do beg your forgiveness. I am deeply troubled by what seems to be a simplistic view of life, science, and reality. But I can not deny my weakness, I became emotional and made accusations of the heart. That is not my place to do. It is just that I have found many Catholics, Anglicans, "Liberals" and Atheists to be good, kind and honest people. They seem to have difficult questions, you seem to have answers, but often those answers seem rather rhetorical. All that aside it is not my place to question your heart, again my apologies."

I was very touched by the above apology. Thank you.

I agree with you about many atheists, liberals, religious people, etc. Most are very nice people (I meet atheists regularly, when I speak at Huntington Beach each Saturday afternoon).

Let me try and address the issues that bother you.

First, my simplistic view of life. I'm not sure what you mean by that, but perhaps it's my "black and white" view of life; that salvation is very simple--repent and trust in Jesus and God will give you everlasting life. That is simple, and I thank God that it is. Otherwise, us simple people would never make it to Heaven.

You may also be troubled by my simplistic view of evolution and the fact that I don't consider it scientific in the slightest. This is simply based on the lack of empirical evidence. All I get when I ask for evidence, is bacteria becoming more bacteria (which has nothing to do with Darwinian evolution).

When I ask why every kind has both male and female (birds, insects, animals, etc.) I get told I’m an idiot to ask such a dumb question. When I talk about the lack of explanation as to the origin of the universe (its Genesis), I am told that evolution doesn't deal with that subject (cop-out).

When it comes down to where the rubber meets the road, evolution believers simply have a blind faith in their theory, and in the dating processes of other believers. I don't.

Back to the niceness of people. I would be grateful if you could take the time to listen to "Hell’s Best Kept Secret" on www.livingwaters.com I would love to hear your thoughts.