Hover over Romans 1:20-22 for proof of God's existence, and over Matthew 5:27-28 for Judgment Day’s perfect standard. Then hover over John 3:16-18 for what God did, and over Acts 17:30-31 for what to do.

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Not Completely Ignorant...

"You've been repeatedly told, by people who know far more about science that you do, that evolutionary science is about the gradual change and diversification of life on earth - it doesn't tell us anything about why the sun and the planets are positioned as they are, or about weather patterns, or about gravity." DormantDragon

I'm not interested in your interpretation of what evolution does or doesn't do. I’m interested in what people believe about the theory. I have spoken to thousands who believe it, and this is how the conversation goes almost every time:

"Do you think there’s an afterlife?"
"I don’t know."
"Do you think God exists?"
"I don’t know."
"So how do you think everything came into being?"
"Evolution."
"Evolution made everything?"
"Yes."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uc8ua3mJ_-o

The average person on the street who believes in the theory of evolution isn't as sophisticated as the staunch believers on this blog. You have your "scientific"
definition--"The gradual change and diversification of life on earth," and other people (the great majority) have theirs.

I’m interested in reaching the average person with the message of everlasting life, therefore I speak their language and address their beliefs. So the continual accusations of ignorance on my part (on this subject) are not true.