Hover over Romans 1:20-22 for proof of God's existence, and over Matthew 5:27-28 for Judgment Day’s perfect standard. Then hover over John 3:16-18 for what God did, and over Acts 17:30-31 for what to do.

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Sowing and Reaping

"I am curious. If someone uses Jesus or God as a curse word, do you feel personally persecuted?" themaverickjester

Persecution has nothing to do with it with how I feel when someone blasphemes God or the name of Jesus. I react the same way I would if someone called my wife a whore, or used my mother’s name instead of using a four lettered filth word used to express disgust.

I am deeply offended by blasphemy, but I am even more concerned for the blasphemer. I am not exaggerating at all when I say that it would be far more sensible to play with fork lightning, than to misuse the name of the God who gave you life--whether you believe in Him or not. Jesus warned that every idle word that men speak, they will have to give an account of on the Day of Judgment, and the Scriptures add that the Lord will not hold him guiltless, who takes His name in vain.

The Bible also tells the Christian not to be concerned when people mock God or make fun of those who trust in Him. We are told, "Be not deceived, God is not mocked. Whatever a man sows, that will he also reap."

A man who blasphemes or mocks God is like a man who runs a bulldozer into the basement pillars of a 20-story building. He doesn't like the look of the pillars that hold up the building, so he mows them down, and in doing so causes the massive building to fall on him and crush him to death. He caused his own demise. So is the way of those who blaspheme and mock Almighty God.